SHORT TERM LEASE AGREEMENT
THIS SHORT TERM LEASE AGREEMENT (“Lease”) is entered into by the undersigned tenant ("Resident") and Sue Toyoda (“Agent”) as owner (“Landlord”) of the premises (“Premises”) being leased by the Resident. This Lease is on the following terms and conditions.
LEASE OF PREMISES
Landlord agrees to lease the Premises to Tenant for the term specified in this transaction and on the terms and conditions set forth herein. For the purpose of this Lease, “Premises” shall mean the entire premises rented to Resident, including any garage space or storage unit.
The total rent for the term shall be paid in advance, or as otherwise agreed by Landlord and Agent in writing.
RETURNED CHECK CHARGE
A $50 fee, plus any applicable late fees, will be charged for a check returned for non-sufficient funds or any other reason by Tenant’s bank.
SECURITY DEPOSIT AND RECEIPT
Agent acknowledges receipt of Tenant’s Security Deposit in the amount specified above to ensure Residents compliance with the provisions of this Lease. The Security Deposit will be deposited by Agent or Landlord in a trust account, meeting requirements of applicable law.
REFUND OF DEPOSIT
Any refund of Tenant’s Security Deposit is subject to the terms of this Lease. No portion of the Security Deposit will be refunded to a departing Resident until the Premises is vacated by all co-Residents named in this Lease. Resident understands that all or a portion of the Security deposit may be retained by Landlord/Agent upon termination of the tenancy and that a refund of any portion of the Security Deposit to Resident is conditioned as follows:
- All of the Security Deposit will be retained by Landlord/Agent as liquidated damages if Tenants fail to occupy the Premises for the term of the Lease specified. In that event, the Security Deposit will be applied to charges for unpaid rent, cleaning, painting, property damages thereby resulting in additional charges becoming due and owing from Tenant.
- Tenant shall return to Landlord/Agent all keys provided during the tenancy. If keys are not returned, tenant will forfeit all deposits held.
- Tenant shall have remedied or repaired any damage to the Premises of Furnishings, if any, to the Landlord’s satisfaction.
- Tenant shall have replaced any lost or missing items of furnishings or equipment, including personal property that the Landlord may deem necessary.
- Tenant shall have complied with all the provisions of this Lease and such other policies and procedures as the Landlord may deem necessary.
- Landlord or Agent shall have the right to proceed against Tenant to recover sums (exceeding the amount of Tenant’s Security Deposit) for cleaning, painting or repairs to the Premises or replacement of lost or missing items for which Tenant is responsible, together with any reasonable attorney’s fees as provided by law.
- Tenant shall be fined $50 for each “after hours call-out” for violation of quiet time between the hours of 9:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- Tenants are subject to immediate eviction and removal from the rental for the following reasons:
- Smoking anywhere inside Premises;
- Pets on the rental property unless allowed with paid pet fee;
- Number of occupants exceeds the number of contracted residents;
- Complaints of noise, loud music, foul language, or otherwise disturbing the peace.
- The entire amount of rent and security/damage deposit will be forfeited for violation of any of the forgoing reasons, regardless of whether resident is evicted.
Cancellation or changes in reservations must be received 60 days in advance or the Rent Deposit is forfeited. Cancellations received less than 60 days in advance will forfeit all rents paid and fees unless agent is able to rent the property to another tenant. A $250 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled reservations regardless of the time in which they are cancelled.
Tenant agrees that the Premises are to be used and occupied by Resident as a private dwelling and for no other purpose. Any adult residing in the Premises must be named as a “Resident” and, unless otherwise allowed by applicable law, the total number of adults and children residing in the Premises shall not exceed that set forth in this transaction. In the event there is a change in occupancy, the application process and approval from landlord is required in advance.
- Tenant agrees that all personal property in the Premises shall be at the risk of Tenant except as provided by Washington State Law. Landlord and Agent shall not be liable in any manner for loss due to theft or damage sustained by fire or water, how so ever caused, or by any other cause to Tenants personal property. Tenant shall be responsible for the cost of repairing the Premises and/or any property that is damaged during Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, ordinary wear and tear excepted. Tenant affirms that Tenant has an active homeowners or renters insurance policy.
- Except as provided by Washington State Law, Landlord and Agent shall not be liable for claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, attorney’s fees, costs and expenses arising from or connected with Tenant use or occupancy of the Premises or that Premises adjacent thereto, nor claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, attorney’s fees, costs and expenses for property damage, bodily injuries or death suffered or caused in or about said Premises or the premises adjacent thereto, resulting directly or indirectly from the acts or neglect of Tenant.
Pets and animals of any kind are not allowed on the Premises unless approved with paid pet fee.
No smoking is allowed in this home.
Resident agrees to pay all costs, expenses and attorney’s fees, as allowed by law, expended or incurred by Landlord by reason of any default or breach by Tenant of any of the terms of this Lease.
EXECUTED by Agent, on behalf of Landlord, and by Resident as the day and year first written for this transaction. Resident acknowledges by completing this transaction that they are at least 25 years of age and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.